Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Pro v2.1.03 Doesn't save a project

Lloyd | Last updated: Aug 12, 2019 05:07PM UTC

Hi, I have a company licence however my login no longer appears to work hence this post. I have been testing using a temporary project and would like to save my burp project however every time I attempt this I receive the error message "Failed to save project - Internal error during copy : null". Can someone please advise how I can save this project besides copying /tmp/burpnnnnnnnnnn folders/content which probably isn't the best method or will capture everything despite being 767Mb in size. I look forward to hearing from you

Rose, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 13, 2019 10:06AM UTC

Lloyd, thanks for your message. What do you mean by your login no longer appears to work? Also can't tell whether you're aware, but data is saved incrementally into the file as you work. There is no need to specifically "save" your work when you are finished. There is a bit of information in the following article about project files: - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/getting-started/projects Does this help?

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 13, 2019 12:23PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your response. However the data is only saved incrementally as you work if you specify that at the beginning and not if you used a temporary project intended to save later. I appreciate this is the option I should've done although it still doesn't resolve my issue. Is there an easy method of capturing the burp project/raw tools data other than copying the /tmp/burpxxxxxx files/folders in this instance of failure to save? I have a commercial version of Burp Pro however I have attempted to login using this and they do not work hence registering in this manner.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 14, 2019 10:21AM UTC

Just to clarify, what are you trying to log in to? Are you referring to yoru account page (https://portswigger.net/users)? If so, you should contact office@portswigger.net. Regarding your issue with saving your work, do you have performance feedback enabled (User options > Misc > Performance feedback)? If so, could you provide us with your diagnostics (Help > Diagnostics)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.