The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Burp not sending requests

Victor | Last updated: Dec 12, 2023 01:40PM UTC

Hello, I've been encountering an unusual issue with Burp for the past month. At random intervals, it stops sending requests for about 5 to 10 minutes. When using the repeater, the requests appear as "waiting" until they eventually time out with a "Failed to connect to xxx" error. The same issue occurs with requests made through the proxy. This issue occurs not only for requests to the internet but also when requesting a local webserver on 127.0.0.1 . Strangely, after this 10-minute delay, the requests are eventually sent, and the displayed response delay reflects the actual delay (about a hundred milliseconds, not the 10-minute period during which the requests were seemingly halted). This problem is not specific to any particular project, as even opening a new temporary Burp project results in the same issue. Additionally, the problem persists even when no extensions are loaded. My network connection is stable. I'm running Burp Suite Professional v2023.11.1.3 on Ubuntu 23.10.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 13, 2023 10:49AM UTC

Hi I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you experienced this issue with multiple versions of Burp, or has this only occurred with v2023.11.1.3? Could you try completing resetting your user options? You can find this under "Burp > User settings > Restore defaults". During this time period, are you unable to send any requests, either through the proxy or through Repeater? Could you send us your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. You can attach this to an email to support@portswigger.net.

Victor | Last updated: Dec 13, 2023 01:48PM UTC

Hi Hannah, I've encountered the same issue with the previous version as well. Even after resetting my user options, the problem persists. During this time period, I've been unable to send any requests, whether using the proxy or the repeater. Although I can click the "send" button, the request remains in the waiting state and doesn't get transmitted on the network (I checked with Wireshark). I'll be sending you an email with my diagnostics information. Thank you for your assistance

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2023 11:37AM UTC

Hi Victor Thanks for sending that across! We've received your email, and will look into this further.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.