Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp labs reporting error "Could not create new HTTP/2 connection" when trying to connect

Thomas | Last updated: Apr 02, 2023 10:54AM UTC

I'm trying to connect to the site to solve the lab but it returns that error. I've tried reimporting the certificate, resetting the proxy options and reinstalling my Kali VM. The proxy connection works because it loads the lab introduction page where there is the button "access the lab" and other sites (example: YouTube) but it does not load the lab page.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 08:00AM UTC

Hi Are you seeing this issue with all labs or just specific ones? Which version of Burp are you using? Can you email screenshots of the steps you're taking and what you see at each stage to support@portswigger.net so we can take a closer look?

f3tch | Last updated: May 09, 2023 08:53AM UTC

I have the same problem.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 09, 2023 12:12PM UTC

Which labs are you working on when you see this error?

blindeye | Last updated: May 19, 2023 01:57PM UTC

Same Issue... Link to the lab below https://portswigger.net/web-security/sql-injection/lab-retrieve-hidden-data

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 22, 2023 08:41AM UTC

Hi I've just tested the lab here and it launched successfully. Can you email support@portswigger.net with a screen recording showing what you see when you launch the same lab and let us know if there are any additional messages in the Event log on Burp's Dashboard, please? Are you able to launch other labs successfully?

Qaiser | Last updated: Jun 07, 2023 06:40AM UTC

Hi am facing the same issue

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 07, 2023 08:23AM UTC

Hi Can you email support@portswigger.net with details of which lab you are launching, a screenshot of the error you see, and the output from Help > Diagnostics for your installation of Burp so we can take a closer look, please?

mingjian | Last updated: Jun 11, 2023 02:31PM UTC

Solutions: Project options -->HTTP---> HTTp/2 -->no "Enable HTTP/2",good luck!

Hisham | Last updated: Oct 07, 2023 08:02AM UTC

Hi, Facing Same issue!

Hisham | Last updated: Oct 07, 2023 08:03AM UTC

Lab :File path traversal, traversal sequences stripped with superfluous URL-decode

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 09, 2023 08:41AM UTC

Hi We've just checked this lab, and it is launching successfully. Can you try again and let us know if you are still seeing issues? If you are, can you please confirm which version of Burp you are using and whether you are using Burp's embedded browser or an external browser when launching the lab.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.