Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp IProxyListener - Current message not saved

stefano0798 | Last updated: Mar 19, 2020 04:34PM UTC

Hi everyone, I'm writing my first Burp extension and I'm having some troubles with the Proxy listener interface. My aim for now is to build a plugin which shows every parameter and header of the request and print those in a text area (in a new tab) when my Context menu item is clicked. Now I implemented the IProxyListener interface and in the method processProxyManager I set the value of a byte array to the value of message.getMessageInfo().getRequest(). In this way, if I am understanding correctly, each time the Proxy intercepts a request, it updates the array with the current request's byte. My custom context menu item behaviors in this way: it gets the byte array (which is the request) and through the helper I use the getHeaders and getParameters to extract the data I am interested in. The trouble I'm having is that the request in the proxy (where I click my custom context menu item) is not the one which is shown in my tab. It seems like processProxyManager is not invoked each time a new request arrives or it skips some messages for some reason. I can post the code somewhere if it may help, and I'm sorry if I'm missing something but this is my first experience in this field. Thank you.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 24, 2020 10:15AM UTC

Hi Have you checked out our sample extensions? They can provide a good base on which to build further. You can find them here: https://portswigger.net/burp/extender When you are right-clicking on a proxy request, are you highlighting it first (by left-clicking on it)? The current selected message should be highlighted orange, and that is likely to be the request that is being sent to your extension.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.