Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Freezes On Window Maximize During Start

Robert | Last updated: Jul 23, 2021 07:46PM UTC

I found a bug which seems to be reproducible. When launching burp on windows and maximizing window during lunch, burp will often freeze after automatically minimizing the window. I'm using latest version of burp pro v2021.6.2 exe version running on latest version of Windows 10. I have the following extensions installed: Active Scan++ Error Message Checks Freddy HTTP Request Smuggler J2EEScan Java Deserializaition Scanner Reflected Parameters Retire.js Software Version Reporter Software Vulnerability Scanner Steps to Reproduce: It might take few attempts to reproduce this problem. Usually 3-4 work for me or when loading a project file or configuration settings. 1. Launch burp pro. 2. Start either with temporary project, create a new project or open existing project. 3. Click next. 4. Click Start Burp 5. As burp pro is starting click on the 'maximize window' button. 6. The window will maximize. 7. The window will then minimize and burp and extensions will start to load 8. Burp will become unresponsive. 9. Attempts to resize window will leave window black.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 26, 2021 10:21AM UTC

Hi Robert, Thanks for reporting this. I am having some issues replicating it, unfortunately. Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the information below? - Can you replicate this consistently in Burp? If so, can you share a screen recording of your replication steps? - Does disabling 'Error Message Checks' and 'Software Version Reporter' resolve the issue? - Can you please replicate the issue and share a thread dump taken when the deadlock occurs? You can use jcmd (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/troubleshoot/tooldescr006.html) or another Java thread dump tool (e.g. jstack) to capture this

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.