Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp freeze

HackXBack | Last updated: Jan 20, 2021 04:44PM UTC

Hi, I tried using the Scanner with the latest Burp, but the problem that the Scanner freezes and never ends when the server does not return a response seems to recur. The url says: Unauthenticated crawl. Estimating time reamaining.. and when i closed Burp and launch it again on the same url scanning it stop on deferent number of requests. also the memory color is read 2GB full.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2021 06:40PM UTC

Hi, Are you able to provide us with some further information (if you would prefer to send this to us via email then please feel free to send an email to support@portswigger.net): - Do you experience scanning issues with every site that you try and scan or just one site in particular? - Are the sites themselves responsive when the scan is taking place i.e are you able to browse to them? - When you experience the scanner freezing do you see the number of requests and locations discovered increasing for the scan (this should be visible on the Dashboard) or do they remain static? - Can you confirm the specification of the machine that you are running Burp on (in terms of RAM and CPU)? - Do you see any errors listed in the Event log on the Dashboard tab (if you can enable the Debug filter so that you can see all of the recorded information)?

HackXBack | Last updated: Jan 20, 2021 10:30PM UTC

1. yes the issues is with every site i tried to scan. 2. sure i can browse to them, the other answer is no i didn't get blocked from any. 3. yes i see the number of requests and the locations, and if there is any bug i can take process for it. 4. cpu AMD 3365 2.30GHZ / Ram 8GB 4. i will check later and answer

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 21, 2021 08:59AM UTC

Hi, For your answer to question number 3 - do you see the number of requests still increasing at the point that you believe the scan has frozen or does the number of requests remain the same? In terms of the specification of your machine - are you running your scans one at a time or are you performing multiple scans at once?

HackXBack | Last updated: Jan 21, 2021 09:07AM UTC

Hi, What i mean by freeze is the number of requests stop, it remain same number. i tried both and the same issue, some time same website continue and last until finish, and if i closed the scan every time same site freeze of deferent number of requests

HackXBack | Last updated: Jan 21, 2021 09:07AM UTC

Hi, What i mean by freeze is the number of requests stop, it remain same number. i tried both and the same issue, some time same website continue and last until finish, and if i closed the scan every time same site freeze of deferent number of requests

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 21, 2021 09:12AM UTC

Thank you for the clarification. I have just sent you a response to the email that you have also sent us about this issue. Can you take a look and see what happens when you try to the scan the suggested site?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.