Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp -Freeze

olek | Last updated: Oct 24, 2022 11:49AM UTC

hi Team I would like as bout some issue 1.Java SE Development Kit 17.0.1(64-bit) 2.Burp Suite "JAR" 2022.8.5 3.Windows 8 4.Processor Inter Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz 5.Memory 16G The issue is about freeze .When I start Burp sometimes Burp totally freeze.Also when I use some payload in intruder during scan Burp bar go to red color and freeze. What would be the problem .I need more Memory .I have 16G .Burp should my 3,88G and read color and again Freeze .

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 24, 2022 12:41PM UTC

Hi Olek Could you tell me the command that you use to launch your Burp .jar file? Do you have any extensions installed?

olek | Last updated: Oct 24, 2022 01:24PM UTC

Yes I have extensions about """10"".But is any setting in Burp allow him to take more memory .The Bar on memory show my 3,88G but scale is almost finish.I have 16G memory .How to put him more memory.?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 25, 2022 08:30AM UTC

Could you tell me the command that you currently use to launch your Burp .jar file?

olek | Last updated: Oct 25, 2022 11:13AM UTC

Hannah You know I'm unemployed person that I'm use some copy Burp .

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 25, 2022 12:20PM UTC

Are you adding the command-line parameter -Xmx4g to your launch command? If so, this will assign 4GB of memory to Burp. By adjusting this value, you can increase or decrease the amount of memory that Burp uses. Extensions can have a significant performance impact on Burp, so the fewer extensions you use, the less performance impact you will see.

olek | Last updated: Oct 25, 2022 06:04PM UTC

This works java -jar -Xmx8g /path/to/burp.jar They is any way not use console .Because when I close "Cmd Windows console" the Burp also is close .Any bypass of it.?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 26, 2022 07:43AM UTC

Hi Olek, You could use the platform installer version of Burp if you do not wish to run Burp via the command line. This is available from our release page and, assuming you are running Burp on Linux, comes in the form of a .sh script.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.