Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Extension API - list available proxy interfaces

Jake | Last updated: Mar 11, 2016 07:39PM UTC

I am writing a Burp plugin that helps with proxying devices that do not have configurable proxy settings. To do this, I have the extension intercept DNS queries and respond with an IP address that points to an already running Burp proxy listener. Right now, I have to manually type the address of my Burp proxy. However, it would be convenient to simply have a drop-down of my currently active Burp proxy interfaces and have the user select one from the list. Will there be an interface built soon for the Burp API makes the proxy interfaces public?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 12, 2016 03:08PM UTC

You can use the API to save the currently configured options, which include the list of Proxy listeners. The format of the preference values for Proxy listeners is currently somewhat cryptic, but this will be improved in a forthcoming release.

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 12, 2016 09:53PM UTC

When looking at the configured options I see the following entries for my proxy listeners: proxy.listener0 : 1.8080.1.0..0.0.1.0..0..0..0. proxy.listener1 : 0.80.210|13|128|129.0..0.0.1.0..0..0..0. This looks like what I am looking for. What is this format? How should I parse to read the interface address and the port?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 14, 2016 09:06AM UTC

The format uses dot-separated values and starts with: - flag whether currently enabled - listener port - listen mode, followed directly by listener IP address if relevant, with dots replaced with pipes The remainder of the format can be ignored for your current purpose. We'll soon be providing a much improved way of handling these settings, which won't be anything like as cryptic.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.