Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Extender - Support for more details from IScanQueueItem

Carol | Last updated: Mar 03, 2016 09:54AM UTC

Hi Burp Team, Good day! We have been using active scanner in our CI builds on a regular basis. However, sometime active scan queue items get stuck/slow/become stale and they appear to make little to no progress for a considerable period of time (or) takes more than the acceptable time frame to complete. There is no pattern here on what requests these happen and such situation cannot be replicated easily. In such scenarios, we are intelligently tracking the progress of each active scan queue item and take appropriate actions i.e. cancel if required. I have two requests here: 1. API to pause and resume scanning for a particular queue item. 2. API to get more details about the base request, URL, start time etc. These are shown in UI but I couldn't find any API to retrieve these details for a particular scan item. This would highly help us in reporting all the scan queue items on which actions have been performed, so that the end user, if needed, can perform a scan on that particular URL / request again manually. It could also help the end user investigate why that particular request became slower to respond. Thanks, Carol

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 03, 2016 11:07AM UTC

Thanks for this feedback. We're aware of the limitations of the current API. We're working long-term on making Burp much more amenable to automated use within the CI pipeline. This will include Burp being internally better able to detect and deal with "stuck" scan items. It will also involve exposing a much richer API for integration. We don't currently have an ETA for these features, I'm afraid.

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 04, 2016 07:23AM UTC

Thank you Dafydd. We will be eagerly looking forward for those features and hopefully it happens soon. Cheers, Carol

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.