Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp exe or jar

olek | Last updated: Nov 22, 2023 07:39PM UTC

Hi Team I would like ask about which file I should start. in BurpSuiteCommunity folder I see 2 files: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuiteCommunity 1.burpsuite_community Executable Jar File. 2.BurpSuiteCommunity --Application. Both I can start .But one is use Java.Second is exe. My question is which version I should start and which is better start .?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 23, 2023 08:48AM UTC

Hi Olek You can use whichever one you'd like to. The Installer version does come bundled with the JDK that we have tested that works with that particular version. If using the JAR file, you would need to ensure that you are using a supported version of Java for that particular version.

olek | Last updated: Nov 23, 2023 01:45PM UTC

ok I understand .I have additional question .For check I install version Burp_pro_exe 64Bit .And I see in folder this version also has jar and exe.But Executable Jar File has 109.711KB and File Application EXE has only 512KB. I'm not smart .But is big different size . What will be better works .??? . What file should be start .?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 24, 2023 07:48AM UTC

Hi Olek On Windows, downloading and installing the Installer should create a shortcut that should allow you to easily open Burp.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.