Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Enterprise not able to to login using recorded login sequence & auto discover URLs

Kaustav | Last updated: Jan 19, 2021 07:04AM UTC

Hi, I have tried to capture login to our solution suites using burp recorded login sequencer and applied the generated json in the burp enterprise edition site settings. All the scan is getting completed with a failure message saying "usable to login with recorded login sequence" . If we see the error event log , then it says unable to find the html element with id="",name="",xpath="{path to element}". Firstly,I would like to know if burp suite works with recorded login sequence and that too with html elements without id tag or websites build with angular/react ? Secondly, Can we have a meeting with your technical team to help us revisit this issue over a screen sharing call. Hoping for a solution to proceed ahead with the evaluation of burp tools ! P.S : we need CI/CD integrations , thats the reason we have chosen enterprise editions. Thanks

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 19, 2021 04:59PM UTC

Hi Could you try running a scan without any login credentials with the embedded browser enabled, and see if that succeeds? You can do this by adding a scan configuration that just has the embedded browser enabled (Cog option > Scan configurations > New scan configuration > Crawling > Miscellaneous > Use embedded browser for crawl and audit > Yes". Please let me know if you see any error messages or if the scan kicks off successfully. Unfortunately, we do not offer technical support in any format other than email (support@portswigger.net) or public forum. Have you checked out our documentation on CI/CD integration? - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/administration-tasks/integrating-ci

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.