Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Enterprise - Firefox save login feature for app logins

Andrej | Last updated: Sep 26, 2018 01:56PM UTC

I'm trying out Burp EE 1.0.04Beta. I've configured a few sites, each containing different user logins for them. However, each time I click on a different site (or even Scans, or Agents, or any other button of Burp EE), I'm asked by Firefox 62.0.2 "Would you like Firefox to save this login for http:/127.0.0.1:8080"? I don't mind Firefox saving information with login to Burp EE as such, but it requesting to save passwords for different sites is inconvenient. Note that this happens when you click on some Site -> Application login and then no matter where you go, Firefox asks you again and again (even when I click on About, or Team). I need to log out of Burp EE to get rid of this affect. Thanks

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 26, 2018 01:58PM UTC

Hi Andrej, Thank you for your feedback. The issue you are seeing is caused be Firefox's default behavior of offering to save all password fields. I have added this to our backlog to investigate a possible work-around. The prompts will only appear after you have edited an application login, and should stop appearing after you refresh the page. Logging out is not necessary.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.