Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp - Dashboard - New live task - Actively scan all in-scope traffic through proxy - Says -1 request in progress and stops after a while

Oscar | Last updated: Feb 09, 2021 07:05PM UTC

I do the following sequence: Burp - Dashboard - New live task - Actively scan all in-scope traffic through proxy. This works fine but after a few minutes it will stop and say "Running (-1 requests in progress, 13 requests queued). The host server is up and respons to requests. From event log: 1612896866403 Debug Task 5 Skipping phase S1 for /1/2.aspx, request timeout If I create a new identical live task everything will start working again. Very frustrating and it has happened on two different Windows machines.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 10, 2021 11:37AM UTC

We've sent a reply to your email with a few more questions, thanks for sending the logs through.

Nicholas | Last updated: Jun 14, 2021 06:13PM UTC

I'm seeing this behavior in 2021.5.3 in a crawl and audit task, during the audit phase.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 15, 2021 08:27AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Can you email support@portswigger.net with a bit more detail on what you are seeing so we can take a look, please? - Are you seeing the message saying -1 requests at the same time as the scan locks up or does this display before the lockup? Do both the progress bar and the request counter stop increasing? - Have you changed any crawl/audit configuration from the default? - Does pausing/unpausing the scan task start it back up again? - Was there any system activity that lined up with the lockup? - Can you send us a copy of the output from Help -> Diagnostics taken whilst the scan is stuck, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.