Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Collaborator client health check message.

Reshmi | Last updated: Jan 04, 2022 03:28PM UTC

Hi, I am trying to do some burp labs and the collaborator wasn't polling. I performed the health check of the collaborator and it gave this message towards the end. "The Collaborator server software is out of date. Some Burp features will not work completely with the configured Collaborator server (it was the default one)." I am using the latest burp suite pro 2021.10.3....how can the collaborator server software be out of date? Is there an update just for the collaborator server? Thanks. Regards, Reshmi.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 04, 2022 04:23PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Were any other errors or warnings displayed during the Collaborator health check? Were there any messages displayed in the Event Log on Burp's Dashboard? If it is easier to send us screenshots to show the full details of these two checks, please feel free to email them to support@portswigger.net.

小小七 | Last updated: Feb 22, 2022 06:19AM UTC

The capture server hostname 2svjlmtap6jwyfrwrr9tq0syup02ely326r.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The polling server hostname polling.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 22, 2022 11:57AM UTC

Thanks for your message. Are you able to browse to http://burpcollaborator.net from a browser that is not proxied via Burp? If so, is that browser set to use a proxy server?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.