Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp built in browser not connecting to the internet.

Arjay | Last updated: Jul 05, 2023 06:10AM UTC

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem when running burp's integrated web browser for intercepting, as I run it and enter a website like google.com for example, burp will not intercept and the browser will return an error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE but when I got to chromium directly on burp's folder it will connect to the internet like normal and allows me to browse like a normal browser would. Now my question is, how is it possible that when launching via burp it wont connect to the internet, but when launching by itself it connects and functions normally? I've been stuck like this for months and been using firefox/nightly as an alternative solution but in some sites I visit using firefox/nightly it already blocks me saying that my certificate is not valid. Thank you.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 05, 2023 09:02AM UTC

Hi Can you please email support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. Additionally, the following screenshots would be helpful: 1) A screenshot of the Event Log (with the debug filter enabled) when trying to use the Burp Browser. 2) A screenshot of the Event Log (with the debug filter enabled) when using Burp proxied through Firefox and navigating the sites that give you the certificate error.

luisfontes19 | Last updated: Nov 06, 2023 02:38PM UTC

This happens to me quite a few times... I finally found a fix... Go to settings -> tools -> Burp's browser On Browser Data, click on clear all (I tried that and disabling GPU at the same time, so in case the first option doesn't work disable GPU, open browser and re-enable it...)

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 06, 2023 02:42PM UTC

Hi Luis Thank you for sharing your solution to this issue! :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.