Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

burp browser not working

Dark | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 06:27AM UTC

Hi, i downloaded burp suite community version on my windows but whenever i trying to open burp browser doesn't opening and showing nothing i tried burp browser health checkup showing error : failed to read dev tools websocket

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 08:41AM UTC

Hi Can you tell us more about your setup, please? - Which version of Burp Suite Community have you downloaded? - Are you using the installed version, or are you launching the JAR file from the CLI? - What OS are you using?

Dark | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 09:13AM UTC

burpsuite_community_windows-x64_v2023_11_1_3.exe using windows 7

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 01:01PM UTC

To provide some background on this, the embedded browser is a modified version of Chromium. Unfortunately, Google no longer supports running Chrome/Chromium on some older Windows operating systems, and the Windows 7 operating is one of those operating systems affected, as detailed in the announcement by Google below: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/185534985/sunsetting-support-for-windows-7-8-8-1-and-windows-server-2012-and-2012-r2-in-early-2023?hl=en Are you able to use a machine with a more up-to-date version of Windows?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.