Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Browser Error

Anthony | Last updated: Dec 28, 2020 02:10PM UTC

Hello Burp crew i recently wanted to update my community edition of Burp. So i downloaded the recent version on my parrot os. Then i inputted these commands in my terminal to make sure i dont get a sandbox issue like i did a couple of months ago and the commands are as follows: cd /home/user/Downloads chmod +x burpsuite_community_linux_v2020_12_1.sh ./burpsuite_community_linux_v2020_12_1.sh Then i inputted: sudo ./burpsuite_community_linux_v2020_12_2.sh After this i expected the sandbox issue would not be a problem again but to my surprise the sandbox issue came up again sigh... Here is the current error i am dealing with all over again> "net.portswigger.devtools.client.ai:Refusing to start browser as your current configuration does not support running without a sandbox." So i went to the project options menu and disabled sandbox the brower worked but gave me another warning: I opened the browser and all i get is a dark blank screen ??? So portswigger what is the problem here ?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 29, 2020 11:28AM UTC

Could we ask which version of Linux you are using?

Anthony | Last updated: Dec 29, 2020 12:22PM UTC

Never mind im sorry its working properly i just had to find my new downloaded and updated Burp. Also quick question what are the intervals where i need to update my burp tool ?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 29, 2020 02:07PM UTC

We generally release monthly, sometimes more often. You can set Burp to auto-update. https://portswigger.net/burp/releases/professional-community-2020-11

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.