Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp 2024.7.5 - Contents of Repeater Tab Persist Even When Repeating a Request

Matthew | Last updated: Sep 04, 2024 12:34PM UTC

hi there In historical versions of burp, when a user repeats a request in the repeater, the contents of the response are cleared pending the contents of the newly created request. This enables the user to visualize when the new request has finished processing, creating some type of distinction between requests. I noticed that in the newest stable release of burp, this function is missing. when a user repeats requests, the contents in the response section of the tab persist, which makes it hard for a user to distinguish when the repeated request has processed. can this be fixed?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2024 09:07AM UTC

Hi I've not been able to recreate what I think you're describing. Could you email support@portswigger.net with a screen recording of what you're seeing so i can make sure I'm trying to replicate the correct thing? Can you also include a copy of the output from Help > Diagnostics so I can compare our setups?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2024 02:23PM UTC

Also, can you let me know if this happens every time or is it intermittent? Do you have any extensions installed?

Matthew | Last updated: Sep 05, 2024 03:23PM UTC

When I tried to take a screen recording, I noticed I was not experiencing the issue anymore. Turns out, the issue is only present when using the "hotkey" for the repeater tab. In my case, I have it set to control + enter, and when I use that hotkey, I have the issue. I uploaded a video to my google drive, and attached the link below...is this normal? https://drive.google.com/file/d/19kt4XZbguMlnr4duBsw0K8A1e1Sh5sbJ/view?usp=sharing

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 06, 2024 08:43AM UTC

Hi Thank you so much for that extra detail :) I've replicated the issue here and have raised a bug report for it. I can't promise any timescales at this stage as we'll need to discuss how this is prioritized with the team.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.