Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp 2020.11 hangs completely

fucktory | Last updated: Nov 19, 2020 01:10PM UTC

Hi, I am used to issuing requests using hotkeys instead of doing it with mouse. Its really useful. When request contains some encoded data and mouse will hover over it a new window will pops up automatically containing decoded data. When request contains a lot of parameters its getting quite messy as new dialogs continuously flash in and out. But that's not the main problem here. If such window pops and request will be issued burp will hang FOREVER. You can test it by moving your mouse over encoded data. Wait for magic window to become visible and send keystrokes for issuing request, in my case its Ctrl+G I would love to see option to completely disable those magic boxes. If you cannot do this however please fix the hang part at least. Regards

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 20, 2020 08:22AM UTC

Hi, We have been able to replicate this behavior and our development team are currently working on a fix for it. We cannot provide an ETA for this but we will update this thread when we have some further news to share.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 20, 2020 04:04PM UTC

Just a quick note to let you know this issue has been fixed in the latest release, 2020.11.1. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.