Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp 2.x: Create authenticated crawl from extension

Alex | Last updated: Feb 22, 2019 10:46PM UTC

Hi Portswigger Support! I'm interested in using an extension (in headless mode) to spawn an authenticated crawl while using the 2.x versions of Burp Suite Professional. In the 1.x versions, I would have done this by saving credentials to the project options, loading the options on startup, and then calling sendToSpider() [https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/burp/IBurpExtenderCallbacks.html#sendToSpider(java.net.URL)], but this doesn't seem to work with the new fancy tasks that live in the Dashboard tab. Is there a new function I could call to create a crawl task and specify credentials? Alternatively, is it possible to save such a task to the project options, and then begin executing it from an extension? Thanks, Alex

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 25, 2019 08:30AM UTC

Unfortunately this isn't possible through the extender API at present. We've not yet updated the API to expose the new Burp 2 features. It is possible through the REST API. Potentially an extension could connect to the REST API and initiate a scan, including credentials. You can only create Crawl & Audit tasks through the REST API, although you can configure the audit to have no checks enabled, which is effectively the same as a Crawl only task.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.