Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp 2.0.20beta Issues are not listed in "Issue activity"

Abbadon | Last updated: May 02, 2019 10:39AM UTC

Hi, I have a problem with the active scanner of Burp beta. Often, issues found during scan are shown in "Audit items" -> "Issues" but are not listed in the "Issue activity" tab. For example, in "Audit items" the scan has an item with one issue of high and two of medium severity and two information disclosures. However, in the tab "Issue activity" there is only the finding of high severity and one information disclosure. Filters are disabled. Best regards

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 02, 2019 10:43AM UTC

Thanks for this report. Would it be possible to send us (support@portswigger.net) screenshots of the Audit items > Issues and the Issue activity tab?

Ericka | Last updated: Oct 19, 2020 11:56PM UTC

Hi - May I know if this has been fixed already? I think i am experiencing the same. In audit items, an issue per item is displayed as red but in issue activity, there’s none. I used custom scan specific to a vulnerability only.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 20, 2020 09:44AM UTC

Hi Can you confirm which version of Burp you are using, please? Also, would you be happy to share some screenshots with us to help describe the issue in a bit more detail? If so, can you send them over to support@portswigger.net, please?

Accounts | Last updated: Nov 15, 2020 02:55PM UTC

Hello, we are having the same issue. While doing an active scan there is 1 low issue and 3 informational issues showing in "Audit items" -> "Issues" but are not listed in the "Issue activity" tab which is empty. Filters are disabled in Issue Activity. We are running the latest version burpsuite_pro_v2020.11.jar on Mac osx.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 16, 2020 11:01AM UTC

Hi, Would you be happy to share some screenshots and further details of this via email? If so, can you email us at support@portswigger.net so that we can take a look?

floyd | Last updated: Nov 23, 2020 11:17AM UTC

I do have this concerning issue, too. The audit items look like this: https://paste.pics/15911d47f228ef7f52dd79a9bf2d5ccc Note the errors due to connection timeouts that occur. As a user I go like "YAY, high impact findings!". However, the issue activities tab looks like this: https://paste.pics/190a9c51d2aabe9b4bbf50766cf3ef8b But the details page looks like this: https://paste.pics/4b748335d92f53efb1a4a225a9c3aa1c And also the global issue tabs or the target tab doesn't show the issues! So as a user I don't have a clue what is happening or what the issues are. Is it just a UI bug and the issues shouldn't be shown? Were they duplicates and therefore not shown in the other tabs? Has Burp a bug and doesn't show me any security issues? Were the issues hidden because an error occured?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 25, 2020 08:45AM UTC

Hi Floyd, This does not look quite right to us. Would you be willing to share more detailed screenshots of this live task, via email at the support@portswigger.net address, so that we can take a more in-depth look at it?

John | Last updated: Jul 20, 2021 04:42PM UTC

Any update on this problem? Still seeing this behavior in Burp Suite Pro v2021.6.2 (more than 2 years after initial problem report). The audit I'm looking at now shows 10 High severity issues under "Audit items" => "Issues". The "Issue activity" tab shows zero High issues.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 20, 2021 06:02PM UTC

Hi, Are you able to share the specific details of your scan (including screenshots etc) with us via support@portswigger.net?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.