Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

buildParameter not working

vino | Last updated: Aug 08, 2019 08:46PM UTC

I built the HttpRequest using buildHttpMessage method and trying to add Cookie and Body param using LegacyBurpExtender.getInstance().getHelpers().buildParameter and addParameter and updateParameter methods and it is not working. Below is the code snippet, buildRequest = helpers.buildHttpMessage(headers,bodyObject.toString().getBytes()); IParameter testParam = helpers.buildParameter("test","testing",PARAM_BODY); buildRequest = helpers.updateParameter(buildRequest, testParam); String requestString = LegacyBurpExtender.getInstance().getHelpers().bytesToString(buildRequest); When I convert bytes to string I dont see new body param. I tried with update Param as well.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2019 01:44PM UTC

We have a bit of a backlog in terms of Extensions issues. Please accept our apologies, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2019 01:47PM UTC

Unfortunately, we don't currently have an update. We are still working through a backlog. We will update you when we have something to share.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 22, 2019 06:13PM UTC

Any update on this?

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 23, 2019 01:18PM UTC

Hi Vino, We apologize for the delay in responding to your post. Is there any reason why you are using the LegacyBurpExtender as opposed to the methods provided in the current IExtensionHelpers interface? It could be why the casting is not working as intended.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.