The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

BSCP exam

Andrew | Last updated: Jun 13, 2023 11:25AM UTC

Hello! Please advise in following: I had an exam on your platform, May 29th, 2023, and failed it. Considering that the first lab was resolved in 30 minute, but the next one took me more than 3,5 hours without any results, I assumed it might be some issue on the app's side. Let me explain, I've tried all the methods from Apprentice&Practitioner levels. Just one of them potentially might reveal a vulnerability (Host header poison). But in the meantime I faced with an issue named "Invalid hostname: EXPLOIT-SERVER-NAME". If I understand correctly it should be explained as a problem at the server/app's side, not mine. Kindly ask about your assistance. It would be great to have a chance to understand whether it's my fault or some technical issue. Please let me know in case any other information required from my side. Best regards, Andrew

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 14, 2023 06:43AM UTC

Hi Andrew, We have received your email regarding this issue and will respond to you further there.

Ana | Last updated: Aug 25, 2024 06:10PM UTC

I have encountered the same issue, is this a bug?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 26, 2024 06:37AM UTC

Hi Ana, Can you email us at support@portswigger.net with details of your exam if you believe that you encountered issues. We can take a look from there.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.