Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Broken Extensions preferences since burpsuite_pro_v2023.1.2

Kacper | Last updated: Feb 23, 2023 09:23AM UTC

Hello, Since burpsuite_pro_v2023.1.2 the extensions cannot load their previous preferences. The extensions load/save the preferences by the following APIs: - loadExtensionSetting(name) - saveExtensionSetting(name, value) docs: https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/burp/iburpextendercallbacks.html#loadExtensionSetting-java.lang.String- The preferences files are saved on Linux ~/.java/.userPrefs/burp/extensions/<ext>/prefs.xml by default. Since version 2023.1.2 the settings are loaded/saved with the following name: "string_<setting_name>", which makes it impossible for any existing extensions to read the previous settings. Snippet from one of my prefs.xml: <entry key="string_window-state" value="6"/> <entry key="string_windowHeight" value="1459"/> <entry key="string_windowWidth" value="2560"/> <entry key="window-state" value="6"/> <entry key="windowHeight" value="1459"/> <entry key="windowWidth" value="2560"/> Now, the prefs.xml contains both the new settings (string_<name>) and the previous ones. I tried the latest early adopter version (burpsuite_pro_v2023.2.1.jar) and the bug is still not fixed. It affects all extensions I am using.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 24, 2023 10:43AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback! We'll investigate this further and raise a bug report. If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

Kacper | Last updated: Mar 01, 2023 07:20PM UTC

Hello, were you able to reproduce and confirm the bug?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 03, 2023 11:46AM UTC

Hi. Yes, we've replicated this issue and have raised a bug report. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Kacper | Last updated: Mar 31, 2023 06:54AM UTC

Do you have any ETA when the fix will be released? I still have to use Burp 2022.12.7, as the extensions I use need to read/write the preferences correctly.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 01:37PM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA. We are planning on resolving this issue but cannot provide a timeframe. Are you able to recreate your preferences in the newer version of Burp, or do you have specific items saved that need to be persisted?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.