Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

broken brute-force protection ip block

Dark | Last updated: Jul 01, 2021 04:53AM UTC

hello, i have so many time tried to solve broken brute-force ip block lab but at intruder i got only 4-5 wiener that has only 302 code. and i can't solve this lab because i didn't get carlos has 302 code. so just help me to solve it. i have also seen you community solution video and do the same thing but at the end i didn't get result.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 05, 2021 08:47AM UTC

Hi Himanshu, I have just been able to solve this lab using the solution provided. Are you able to provide us with some details of the steps that you have take to try and solve this particular lab?

Dark | Last updated: Jul 11, 2021 05:53AM UTC

yes ok

Dark | Last updated: Jul 11, 2021 05:54AM UTC

i am also followed your given steps and i also gone through your video solution but at all time i only get on 6-10 wiener that has 302 code other wise i only get 200 code for each one.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 11, 2021 11:11AM UTC

Hi Himanshu, If you can email us at support@portswigger.net with some exact details and screenshots of what you are doing when you try to solve the lab then we may be able to assist you further. As noted previously, I was able to solve the lab a few days ago so it is functioning as expected.

Cameron | Last updated: Jul 13, 2021 11:22PM UTC

I am experiencing the same issue. Equally, the comment section of the community answer has users experiencing this issue. Please address it properly.

Cameron | Last updated: Jul 13, 2021 11:59PM UTC

The solution is to limit your threads to 1-5, I had mine on 10 and it didn't work simply due to this.

Thomas | Last updated: Feb 03, 2022 09:37PM UTC

The solution for me also was to limit the number if threads. This was not mentioned in the video.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 04, 2022 10:07AM UTC

Hi, I believe that you are correct - it looks like the number of concurrent requests needs to be reduced in order to consistently solve the lab in the manner described in the solution. We will pass this information on to the Web Academy team so that they are aware of it and can make the necessary changes.

Shaden | Last updated: Mar 08, 2022 08:10AM UTC

Hello I tried to limit the numbers of threads but its still not working for me any ideas?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 08, 2022 09:16AM UTC

Hi Shaden, Are you able to provide us with any details regarding the steps you are carrying out to solve the lab, and what you are seeing when you follow these steps, so that we can attempt to assist you with this? Again, I have just run through this particular lab this morning and was able to solve it using the solution provided so it is working as expected.

hackerkali | Last updated: Oct 26, 2022 02:29PM UTC

Please help me to get my own IP and I tried all the ways and it didn't work what should I do

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2022 07:33AM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify, are you attempting 'Broken brute-force protection, IP block' lab? If so, you do not need to know your IP address. Can you provide some more details regarding what you are trying to do?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.