Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Blank page shown while opening a page in embedded browser

Bishesh | Last updated: Jan 07, 2022 06:44AM UTC

My certificates are fine. Configs are all default but when I try to open a site in the embedded browser. A blank page is shown and I cannot do anything.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 07, 2022 08:19AM UTC

Hi Bishesh, I have just replied to the email that you have sent us regarding this issue and have asked you to supply us with a screenshot of the Event log when you launch the embedded browser and try and navigate to a site. It is probably worthwhile continuing to troubleshoot this issue via the email chain so that we can exchange information (screenshots etc) more easily.

Orange | Last updated: Jan 19, 2022 05:37PM UTC

Any fix for this? I have same issue..

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 20, 2022 08:05AM UTC

Hi, It might be easier to send us an email at support@portswigger.net in order to share this information but do you have any errors in your Event log (on the Dashboard tab of Burp) when you open the embedded browser? If so, are you running the ESET anti-virus software?

samibld | Last updated: Jul 02, 2022 05:49PM UTC

I had the same issue , uninstalling eset antivirus fixed it .

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 04, 2022 09:41AM UTC

Hi, Rather than uninstalling ESET you should be able to add Burp and the embedded browser as exceptions within ESET, which can be configured under the following menus: Setup -> Network Protection -> Network Attack protection (IDS) -> Web and Email -> Protocol Filtering -> Excluded Applications -> Add (and add the Burp and the embedded browser locations) If you open up your diagnostic information (via the Help -> Diagnostics menu option) you should be able to check where the main Burp executable has been installed to by checking the 'user.dir' parameter. Similarly, the location of the embedded browser executables should be recorded in the 'Burp Browser binaries' parameter.

Rick | Last updated: Sep 09, 2023 04:34PM UTC

I have the same issue. I have added the exclusions to ESET, but still getting the blank page. Even when ESET protected is paused it is only showing me a blank page. Anything else that needs to be configured to make this work?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 11, 2023 10:11AM UTC

Hi Rick, Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots of what you have configured in ESET so that we can take a look at this for you? Did this used to work for you but now does not or has it never worked for you on this particular machine.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.