Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

[Beta v2.0.03beta] New Scan does not seem to ever finish

Sylvain | Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 05:16AM UTC

Hi, following up on my previous bug report. I am running the latest burp beta on a fully updated OSX and JAVA environment. I have started a new scan against 2 URLS from the same domain and towards the end of the scan, probably 90%, the time remaining went from 2 minutes to 24855 days... And it has stayed like that for the last 20 minutes. There are a lot of findings already, so it works, but I have the following questions: - Is this a bug? why is it stuck? - How can I find out where is the scan stuck? - Could I force a skip to the next check to "unlock/unstuck" that scan? One thing to note is that the number of request is stuck too... not moving from the 7,145 requests already done. Burp is otherwise responsive and I can go through the findings and create reports, etc.. Regards, Sylvain.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 08:54AM UTC

Thanks for this report. Is the application still responsive when the scan gets stuck? Does the scan resume when you close and reopen Burp Suite? We’re currently fixing a few issues in progress estimation, so be sure to update to the latest version over the next few weeks.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 17, 2019 08:19PM UTC

I am also experiencing the same issue across internal and external sites. The scan seems to be stuck on the auditing phase showing a message stating "Auditing: Estimating time remaining..." sometimes it just goes into "10 days remaining". I am on the latest version v2.1.01. Websites that took 4 hours to scan now do not finish at all even if running for more than 24 hours. Anyone has any suggestions

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 18, 2019 09:38AM UTC

The latest version of Burp is 2020.1. Could you try updating to that version and see if your issues still remain?

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 05, 2020 11:14AM UTC

I am also experiencing the same issue across internal and external sites. The scan seems to be stuck on the auditing phase showing a message stating "Auditing: Estimating time remaining..." sometimes it just goes into "10 days remaining". I am on the latest version v2.1.03. Websites that took 4 hours to scan now do not finish at all even if running for more than 24 hours. Anyone has any suggestions

Rui | Last updated: May 02, 2020 04:30AM UTC

Has this ever been fixed? Any solutions?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 04, 2020 07:27AM UTC

Hi Rui Can you tell me the version of Burp Suite that you are using?

Prasad | Last updated: Jun 12, 2020 10:23AM UTC

Hi, I am on the latest version of Burp (2020.5) I am also facing the same error. The scan is very slow and shows 10d remaining. Its like completed 95 % while the last 5% takes forever! Do you have any workaround for it?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 15, 2020 08:10AM UTC

Hi Prasad Is your request counter increasing at all? Do you see any errors in your dashboard or event log (Scan task > View details > Event log)? If you're using a project file, have you tried closing and reopening Burp Suite?

Gage | Last updated: Jun 07, 2021 07:01PM UTC

I am seeing this running Version 2021.5.2 (2021.5.2). I am doing a Live Audit from Proxy (Site Scope) and despite a start time being registered there is no finish and the request counter is not increasing. I increased my resource pool to 20.

Gage | Last updated: Jun 07, 2021 08:07PM UTC

Despite reports being generated none of the line items being scanned record a finish with the associated date and time stamp.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 08, 2021 04:00PM UTC

Hi A live audit will continually run in the background as you use the proxied browser, automatically running an audit on the items that pass through according to its audit configuration. If this is the default live audit task, this will simply be passively inspecting your traffic for issues. As it is running continually, there is no end time. Could you send a screenshot or screen recording to support@portswigger.net showing the behaviour you are having issues with?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.