Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Bcheck enhancement

fa1ntStar | Last updated: May 05, 2024 01:30AM UTC

Hello: I had the same idea of devlop some script engine to achive burp scanner rule like bcheck and completed recently,which was based yaml.So I want to discuss with you about the bcheck ability: 1. would you consider to support the workflow of bchecks like nuclei, some times I want to run some check only when specified issues found. For example, if I want to detect CVE-2022-22947 or other springboot vul, I would detect the /actuator point first, only the point found then do next detech. But I see the correlative bchecks are independent of each other. Maybe can achive like this or other better way: given issues then if {issues.name} matches "actuator issue" then .... 2. enhance the insertion point variable sometimes we want to define custome insertion point, for exp: if I got a path /a/b/c.html, I want to scan /actuator、/a/actuator、/a/b/actuator. In my extension, I defined a RecursionPathInsertionPointProvider to generate this insertion type. Maybe can enhance in bcheck like this or other better way: given insertion point then: if {insertion.name} matches "custom insertion point type"

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 07, 2024 01:54PM UTC

Hi Can you please email support@portswigger.net with a few more details, please? For the first option, do you currently have multiple BChecks for a certain type of vulnerability, e.e. springboot? If so, would you be happy to share some examples and explain how you would want them to work together? Or are you wanting to create one BCheck that would first check for a certain path existing and then send a request to test if the target was vulnerable? For the second example, can you tell us a bit more about what you mean by custom insertion point and provide a few more examples? Do you mainly want to manipulate the URL path in these scenarios?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.