Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Automatically Append Port Number to URL

Joseph | Last updated: Oct 12, 2021 06:59PM UTC

Hello, Is there a way to force burp to automatically append a port number to the end of the Host header and the Target? For example, if I'm testing a cluster of applications hidden behind a firewall or other proxy, I need to set up an SSH tunnel to access the applications. However, if I ever get sent a redirect, the new request will not have the port number appended to it. For now I'm just manually adding it, but this is extremely irritating. It would be great if there was some way to write a rule that would say: website1.com -> website1.com:8080 website2.com -> website2.com:8081 website3.com -> website3.com:8082 which would replace those fields in both the Host header and the Target. Can this be done?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2021 09:33AM UTC

Thanks for your message. If you need to use an SSH tunnel to access the applications would using SOCKS via SSH be an option that might help here? If you'd like to chat directly so you can share more detail on your setup, feel free to email us (support@portswigger.net).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.