The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Automated scan does not recognize Javascript

Martii | Last updated: Feb 03, 2023 09:09PM UTC

Hello, I would like to perform an automated scan with Burp Professional and when I run it, I get the message: "We're sorry but XYZ doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable it to continue." As far as I know it should be possible to use Javascript with built-in browser in Burp. When I navigate in the website manually using Proxy -> Incercept -> Open Browser I get the proper response and the website is shown as it should be. I had the same problem using Owasp ZAP and I could manage it by using chromium script. What can I do to be able to crawl and audit the website automatically with Javascript?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 06, 2023 05:24PM UTC

Hi Martii, Just to clarify, where are you seeing the message "We're sorry but XYZ doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable it to continue"? The Burp Scanner should use browser powered scanning when it is crawling a target site so should be able to handle JavaScript heavy sites. Do you have any messages displayed in the Event log on Dashboard tab of Burp when you launch your scan?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.