Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Auto-scroll also changes focus since 2022.2.6

melker | Last updated: May 23, 2022 10:21AM UTC

When looking at req/responses via Burp Proxy history with "Auto-scroll to match when text changes" the first match is not only auto-scrolled to but now also "auto-focused" on. So one extra click to get back to Burp Proxy history is now required. To quickly describe why this should be fixed/reverted: For example, sometimes (using Proxy > HTTP history) I look with "Auto-scroll to match ..." for things like (error|api_key|secret), which mostly return false positives. Now every false positive is focused on and to view the next req/resp a click is necessary - while I previously could just press the up/down key again (as focus remained on the req/resp in the HTTP history list).

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 23, 2022 01:42PM UTC

Thanks for your message, Melker. I've discussed this with our Research team and they agree with your point. I'll follow up with the product team and get back to you.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 24, 2022 09:58AM UTC

We've added a ticket to get this fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.

melker | Last updated: May 24, 2022 11:58AM UTC

Thank you!

Foo | Last updated: Dec 11, 2022 06:11PM UTC

Hello, do you have any update on this issue? It seems to have been fixed at least on version 2022.3.9 but later versions are affected.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2022 04:15PM UTC

We'll check on the progress of this ticket and get back to you ASAP.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 13, 2022 03:05PM UTC

This issue is currently due for triage with our development team tomorrow. We'll keep you updated.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2022 12:28PM UTC

This should be fixed in the next stable release. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Foo | Last updated: Dec 19, 2022 12:04AM UTC

Hello Liam, thank you for the quick response and fix, the release of the 15th December correctly fix this issue.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 19, 2022 12:36PM UTC

Thanks for letting us know, Foo.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.