Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Audit/Scan Stops for some reasons

Ronald | Last updated: Aug 04, 2022 08:52AM UTC

Hi, I'm currently a trial user of Burp Suite Professional. I just notice that sometimes the audit/scan stops for some reason. Is this due to trial limitations? or any? It happens to me around 3 times, when scanning either balanced or deep scan. From checking my stats, I still have sufficient CPU and Memory. (cpu around 15-35% and mem around 2GB available). I don't feel any applications hanging up at that time. I'm using a Macbook Pro 13" 2012 (16GB Mem, 2.9Ghz Dual Intel i7) For server setup, I'm running a DVWA server (local server) which is also running in the same macbook. Would you help me to trace this problem? Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 05, 2022 08:24AM UTC

Hi Ronald, The Burp Professional trial is fully functional so there are no restrictions in place that would curtail a scan. When you initiate a scan using Burp Professional, this should create an entry on the Dashboard tab. If you click the 'View details' link next to the scan entry this should open up a further dialog that contains some specific details about the scan itself. In the first instance, are you able to provide us with some screenshots of the 'Details', 'Event log' and 'Logger' tabs (the 'Logger' tab will show you the requests that are being issued by Burp during the scan - if you could sort this so that the latest requests are in the screenshot then that would be useful)? This should give us some initial information regarding the current state of the scan. You cannot attach screenshots directly in our forum so if it is easier to send the screenshots via email then please feel free to contact us at support@portswigger.net and we can take a look from there.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.