Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Audit Item Status shows " Error Request time out and Unknown Errors "

Oswin | Last updated: Aug 27, 2020 06:10PM UTC

Hi, While using the Active scan & Crawl Audit scan against my Webserver. Scan is not able to completed it. * I could see " skipping Current Insertion point due to many consecutive un known errors. * For few completed requests , Details>Audit item > Shows Error Request time out. Even though i got the server responses as 200 OK. * From the Repeater am sending the requests to my server , In the server i could see the its been logged but in the repeater response in empty. Can you please consider this as an high Priority . Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 28, 2020 05:57AM UTC

Have you tried using Burp's resource pool to throttle the Scanner? - https://portswigger.net/blog/burp-2-0-how-do-i-throttle-requests Regarding the issue with Repeater, would it be possible to provide us with a video screen capture of what you have described?

Oswin | Last updated: Sep 01, 2020 10:03AM UTC

Hi Liam, I have reduced the concurrent requests to 5 and max insertion point as 5 . But even though active scan has been stalled for long time. Just like to highlight this issue here , Issue 1 : * While initiated the active scan , From the Tool I have unchecked parameters where insertion point doesn’t change " Body Parameter Value & Entire body ". But Even though tool is changing the body parameters . This is the request which makes scan to stalled and status as " Errors :Unknown and Request time out ". How to stop this request from Burp Suite ? POST /?3kzJ=896438173 HTTP/1.1 Host: 10.FF.FF.FF Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Accept: */* Accept-Language: en-US,en-GB;q=0.9,en;q=0.8 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.125 Safari/537.36 Cache-Control: max-age=0 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Length: 92 Connection: keep-alive 51 fg8tr=x&nativelogin_username=qwCNgBXO&nativelogin_password=c7V%21t8b%21Y4&9ijeh=x 1 Z Q Issue2: I have already dropped the mail to support with Screen shots for the repeater issues. Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2020 12:25PM UTC

Oswin, have you had a response to your email?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.