Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Attack selector always queues custom attacks

Shadi | Last updated: May 23, 2018 11:21AM UTC

Hello there, I'm trying to figure out how to use the Attack selector extension. After creating a custom attack. I select from the context menu somewhere in Repeater/Proxy/...etc and it goes with status "queued" but does nothing after that. I have read the note that says I shouldn't use the normal scanner or mess with the configuration .. etc; so I started a clean instance of Burp just to be sure. I have no idea how to make it start scanning! Regards

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 23, 2018 12:47PM UTC

Hi Shadi, Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, the attack selector extension stopped working when we introduced the granular scan configuration. I had been in contact with the extension author about updating it, but he's not provided an update so far. Perhaps we should remove the extension while this is in progress.

Burp User | Last updated: May 25, 2018 06:40AM UTC

Hi Paul, too bad. Well, at least a hint or something on the extension's GitHub page could help save someone's time at least. Hopefully, it gets updated soon. Very useful to save "a lot" of time.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 25, 2018 07:25AM UTC

Hi Shadi, I've been in touch with the BApp author to let him know about this issue. Also, the extension has been revoked for the time being, until a fix is available.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.