Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

arrow key not working in HTTP history tab

cgkim | Last updated: Mar 04, 2024 02:10AM UTC

arrow key not working in HTTP history tab

cgkim | Last updated: Mar 04, 2024 02:12AM UTC

The version currently in use is Burp pro v2024.1.1.4

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 04, 2024 11:11AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to confirm which operating system and operating system version you are running Burp on and whether you are using the installable version of Burp or the standalone Jar file version so that we can take a look at this for you?

cgkim | Last updated: Mar 05, 2024 12:21AM UTC

OS : Windows 10(22H2 blid 19045.4046) Burp : Installable

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 05, 2024 11:03AM UTC

Hi, I have just tried to replicate this using a Windows 10 machine and Burp version 2024.1.1.4 but the arrow keys appear to be functioning as expected. I assume that you are referring to using the arrow keys to move up and down the list of requests, is that correct? Do you see this behaviour elsewhere i.e. do you see the same issue in the Logger tab, for example?

cgkim | Last updated: Mar 06, 2024 06:17AM UTC

I assume that you are referring to using the arrow keys to move up and down the list of requests, is that correct? : YES Do you see this behaviour elsewhere i.e. do you see the same issue in the Logger tab, for example? : No.. The arrow keys work normally in the Logger tab.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 06, 2024 02:26PM UTC

Hi, Just to confirm, what view do you have setup in the request/response panel in the HTTP history? There is a known issue with using the arrow keys when you have the combined view setup - is this the case in your situation?

cgkim | Last updated: Mar 06, 2024 11:52PM UTC

Combined view is being used. I think the situation you described is correct.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 07, 2024 09:53AM UTC

Thank you for the confirmation. This issue should have been fixed in the 2024.2.1 'early adopter' release so you could either obtain that version now (if you want to have this in place immediately) or wait until this fix makes its way into the stable release, which is normally within a couple of weeks (all being well).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.