Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

API Scanning

Anila | Last updated: Dec 04, 2020 05:37PM UTC

Hi Team, I am unable to find configurations for API scanning I think its not available for trial version. Can you please look into this ? Many Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2020 08:51AM UTC

Hi Anila, Just to clarify, are you using Burp Enterprise? The trial versions of Burp are all fully functional so API scanning should work for you, as long as you are following the prerequisites on the page below: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/scanning/api-scanning

Anila | Last updated: Dec 07, 2020 09:50AM UTC

Hi, I am using trial version Burp Suite Enterprise Edition v2020.11. Unfortunately I dont see an option in scan configuration to enable api scanning as per the docs you shared. Can you please share scan configuration file for api scanning?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2020 02:13PM UTC

Hi, API scanning is turned on by default in Burp Enterprise (we have not yet introduced the functionality to disable this within the scan configuration in Burp Enterprise, as we have done with the Professional edition) - is the URL that contains the API definition included as part of your scan?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.