Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

API Rest withou GUI

JULIO | Last updated: Jan 10, 2022 01:57PM UTC

Dear support, I have installed burp PRO on an Ubuntu server I didn't find a way to include a key to access the REST Api so I made the configuration on a machine with GUI access and tried to use the UserConfigPro.json file on the Ubuntu server, without success the api with the key responds "not authorized". Do you have any solution for this difficulty?

JULIO | Last updated: Jan 10, 2022 02:19PM UTC

configuration files UserConfigPro.json "misc":{ "api":{ "address":"", "enabled":true, "insecure_mode":false, "keys":[ { "created":1641824014690, "enabled":true, "hashed_key":"HGsPyxbHCYYMBHLNPiG+8QY0e9KBxvDo8OL/lpObWxQ=", "name":"Scan1" }, { "created":1641824037289, "enabled":true, "hashed_key":"jf3wCtqrH+qfg4/HaMNj8gDAUv1sFKqIDLBISZ4x+Qo=", "name":"Automatscans" } ], "listen_mode":"all_interfaces", "port":8191 } Program Start: java -jar -Xmx4g /opt/BurpSuitePro/burpsuite_pro.jar -Djava.awt.headless=false --user-config-file=/opt/BurpSuitePro/UserConfigPro.json GET Rest API curl --location --request GET 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8191/VE5em8x0kKKbXU30uap9XCS7HeUFyXg4/' Response: { "error": "Unauthorized" }

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 11, 2022 08:24AM UTC

Hi Julio, You would need to save the configured User options from the Burp -> User options -> Save user options menu option on the GUI machine that you have used to initially set this up (it is also worth double checking that the details for the configured API service have been captured in the saved configuration file when you perform this, just in case). You would then need to launch an instance of Burp on your non-GUI machine using the exported option file (so replace the 'UserConfigPro.json' file that you are currently referencing in the '--user-config-file' flag with the saved user options configuration file that you have exported from your GUI machine to the non-GUI machine).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.