Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Any way to generate Burp Reports in XML format with Burp Enterprise?

DesBlock | Last updated: Sep 21, 2020 06:33PM UTC

Basically what the subject says, I need to generate a report from Burp Enterprise in XML format. The documentation doesn't seem to specify whether or not it is possible.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 22, 2020 08:21AM UTC

Hi, Unfortunately, this functionality is not currently available in Enterprise. The best workaround would be to write a custom parser to convert the HTML tables to XML. I have registered your interest in the feature request and we will update this thread when it has been implemented.

Borysko, | Last updated: Dec 08, 2020 09:00PM UTC

Uthman, we encountering a similar issue and would benefit greatly from having an XML version of the report accessible from API; Rest and GraphQL. We are attempting integration from CI/CD pipeline and the JSON and HTML reports formats are not recognized by other security issues management tools. We are seeking an XML report compatible with the existing XML version available in BurpSuite Pro. Is there an estimate on when an XML version will be available? Or has a JSON or HTML report converter been written already?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2020 12:10PM UTC

Thanks for your message. We've replied to your email, this is on our roadmap and we've registered your interest, I'm afraid I don't have any timescales just yet. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Jan, | Last updated: Mar 09, 2022 11:16PM UTC

Hi, is there any update on exporting xml reports from Burp enterprise? i know we can get json data for a scan. Is there any possibility to convert that in proper xml format?

Alex, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 08:50AM UTC

Hi, Whilst we are still working on native XML support for Burp Suite Enterprise reporting, an extension was recently made available to enable the generation of XML reports - https://github.com/Hannah-PortSwigger/GenerateXmlReport You can find details on using extensions with Burp Suite Enterprise here - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/working/scans/extensions Thanks

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.