Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Anomaly when using SOCKS Proxy

Federico | Last updated: Mar 17, 2023 02:12PM UTC

Hi, I experienced a very anomalous behavior when contacting some URLs using Burp Suite with a SOCKS proxy configured. When contact such URLs, the response did not arrive. If I try to reach the same URLs using CURL+SOCKS, I received the responses. I tried from three different environments and I experienced the same anomaly in all of them. One example of URL is the following one: https://www.adobe.com/products/xd.html Thank you for your support.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 20, 2023 12:01PM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you email suport@portswigger.net with a few more details, please? - When you send the requests via Burp, were you using CURL to generate the request? - If you were using CURL, do you also see the same behaviour using Burp's embedded browser? - Were there any messages in the event log on Burp's Dashboard? - Would you be happy to share the details from the request and response when you sent the request using CURL?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.