Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

android web browser error - your connection is not private

gan | Last updated: Mar 26, 2021 07:17AM UTC

i have setup android device with proxy and i see the intercept on capture traffice at burp but the browser does not proceed further error Your connection is not private. ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID what should I do next?

gan | Last updated: Mar 26, 2021 07:25AM UTC

i import CAcert and now above error gone now browser just does not load completely. keep loading

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2021 04:18PM UTC

Are you seeing this with all sites or just certain ones? Do you see the request in Burp's Proxy History tab?

gan | Last updated: Mar 31, 2021 02:53AM UTC

all sites at browser keep loading. i saw them in proxy history tab what should I do next? i need to navigate to web other sub-pages but web page does not load

gan | Last updated: Mar 31, 2021 02:53AM UTC

all sites at browser keep loading. i saw them in proxy history tab what should I do next? i need to navigate to web other sub-pages but web page does not load

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 31, 2021 10:58AM UTC

Can you email some screenshots of what you are seeing to support@portswigger.net, please?
Can you send an example of one of the subpages you are trying to browse to?
If you go to Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listener -> Edit and disable TLS 1.3 is there any change in behavior?

gilbertcane | Last updated: Jun 28, 2021 07:03AM UTC

It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. The most common cause of “Your connection is not private” is an incorrect date & time set on your PC. Chrome makes sure that your computer’s clock matches the clock in a Google server farm, and if it doesn’t, will block the connection to HTTPS sites for security reasons. To fix your issue, set your computer’s clock to the correct current time. Go to System Preferences Choose Date & Time Navigate to the Date & Time tab Change the current time to the correct time (accurate to the nearest minute will do). If it’s not your computer’s fault, it’s just a Chrome security feature. Chrome detects malicious activity going on with the site (like malware-laced ads, breach by hackers, etc.) and automatically warns you to protect you if it believes your security or safety might be at risk. If you want to override the warning, just hit Advanced -> Continue to site. http://net-informations.com/q/mis/ssl.html

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.