Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

After reboot the machine, need to upload license again?

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 16, 2020 04:18PM UTC

hello sir im apologize about this, but my machin is not responding so im reboot that, then im visit the burp host they must me to upload the license again, but after im upload the license why the license has failed? thankyou

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 18, 2020 08:02AM UTC

Can you confirm what version of Burp you are using, please?

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 19, 2020 06:23AM UTC

im using burp_enterprise_linux_v2020_4, do you have any solution?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2020 07:52AM UTC

There was an issue for some customers with certain environments when upgrading to 2020.4 where they were prompted to re-activate their license, we have added an additional activation to your trial license so you should be able to continue now.

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 19, 2020 09:29AM UTC

so i must to be downgrade the burp version?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2020 09:48AM UTC

You won't need to downgrade, we have added an extra activation to your license so you can re-apply your license.

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 19, 2020 02:50PM UTC

okee thankyouu sir

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 20, 2020 04:33AM UTC

Hello sir, why today im login to my burp then i must be Requires activation again on my license ? -_-

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 20, 2020 07:36AM UTC

Hi A new release (2020.4.1) came out this week. This section from the release notes may be relevant to your setup We have fixed a bug that was causing license key issues for Linux users when upgrading from 2020.2 to 2020.4. Note: Unfortunately, if your first installation of Burp Suite Enterprise Edition was version 2020.4, this issue will also occur when you upgrade to 2020.4.1. If you are affected, please contact our Customer Support team for assistance. This will no longer be an issue in future releases. We have added an extra activation to your license so you can re-apply your license.

ahmadkosim | Last updated: May 21, 2020 11:44AM UTC

so i must redownload again and install the new version 2020.4.1?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 21, 2020 12:01PM UTC

You won't need to redownload and install it again, you should just need to re-apply the license when prompted when you login to the Enterprise UI

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.