Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

additional decoder compression options

dog | Last updated: Oct 02, 2018 12:52PM UTC

It would be really useful if decoder had options to deal with deflate and brotli as well as gzip ...

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 02, 2018 01:00PM UTC

Yes, I agree. These are on the development plan, although with the current focus on Burp 2 are likely to be a little way out. In the meantime, the Decoder Improved extension supports deflate.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 02, 2018 01:52PM UTC

cool: thanks for the quick response!

floyd | Last updated: Nov 17, 2020 02:03PM UTC

This would not only be useful in the Decoder, but also support for Content-Encoding. Brotli is supported by browsers: https://caniuse.com/brotli I have a case where Burp will only show gibberish because "Content-Encoding: br"... Inspector is of no help, Decoder is of no help, only Hackvertor works. When I ActiveScan it's of no use because Burp won't recognize that it's actually br encoded HTML, so missing basically every vulnerability class there is.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 17, 2020 03:24PM UTC

Thanks for your feedback. This is still in our development backlog, unfortunately. We will update this thread with any further information in the future.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.