Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Additional Column request in the Proxy Listeners

Melvin | Last updated: May 16, 2019 06:09AM UTC

Hi Team, During my security testing using Burp suite, I felt this feature would be very helpful hence requesting your help in adding this in the upcoming versions. Requested feature is as follows: Under proxy listeners, we have the feature to set the port address and proxy listeners. As I use multiple browsers during my testing there is no way to identify which port belongs to which browsers. So I would like to as the team to add an additional column which will be called as "Name" or "Browser Name" which will allow us to add an identifier as show in this image (https://github.com/melvinvarkey/Burp-New-feature-request/blob/master/Burp%20suite.PNG) Thanks for making this Awsome tool. This tool is my bread and butter. -- Melvin Varkey Security Consultant @ EY (Ernst and Young India)

Rose, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 16, 2019 08:37AM UTC

Hi Melvin Thanks for your message. We've logged your request with the development team. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: May 21, 2019 02:13PM UTC

As a workaround, you could create a simple extension that fills in the user-agent string (or a substring) into the comment field which is displayed as part of the request metadata. Ideally, extensions should be able to create their own columns that are displayed in the proxy history, or other places where tables of requests and responses are displayed. This was a feature request of mine about 5 years ago :-(

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.