The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Adding or Editting custom column hints break UI

Anthony | Last updated: Sep 30, 2024 09:14PM UTC

Adding or Editting custom column hints breaks UI if a tooltip is displayed while typing. To reproduce; go to Proxy History, click the meatball menu, click Add Custom Column. Type the following (it is important to type and not paste, to trigger the bug) ```return requestResponse.request().headerValue(" ``` Something happens when the quote is pressed that causes the burp UI to start painting widgets incorrectly. A workaround is to restart burp suite from that point and only paste code, never type.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 10:08AM UTC

Hi Thanks for taking the time to get in touch to report this issue. Which version of Burp are you using, are you using the Stable or Early Adopter release channel? Which OS do you use? So far, I've not been able to replicate this but there may be some differences in my test environment. Could you email a copy of the output from Help > Diagnostics from your installation of Burp to support@portswigger.net so I can try to replicate this in an environment that more closely matches the one you are using?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.