Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Add Custom Header extension not working for me

John | Last updated: Jun 19, 2022 09:54PM UTC

Am on burp suite community edition on Macbook pro M1 2021. I install the extension using the bapp store in the extender tab. I setup a project session rule to invoke this extension for all urls and all scopes. It does not append the header I specify in the Add Custom Header tab to any of my requests.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 20, 2022 12:28PM UTC

Hi Are you seeing this across all tools, like Repeater, and Intruder, or are you just seeing this behavior in the Proxy tab? If you look at your requests in the Logger tab, do you see your header present?

John | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 09:26PM UTC

Hello. It looks like the custom header is present in Logger tab but it is not present in Proxy tab. This is despite the fact that I have enabled Proxy for the project session rule scope. However, it seems if I intercept a request with proxy and forward it, then check the Logger tab, the custom header does get sent with the request. Maybe this is UI bug with Proxy? Or intended behavior... thanks

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 22, 2022 08:46AM UTC

Hi This is currently intended behavior. We have an ongoing feature request to display extension-edited requests in the proxy history, to which I have added your +1. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

masdasd | Last updated: Apr 26, 2023 08:00AM UTC

Same behavior (added settings to proxy, yada yada, it is visible in tracer that extension adds the header). But there is no header present in the request in network tab in browser.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 26, 2023 03:00PM UTC

Hi You will not see the header present in the request due to the fact that the request has not been passed through Burp at that point in time. However, you can check the Logger tab in Burp to see the header in the request.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.