Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

add-a-request suppress all my macros

Thomas | Last updated: Jul 04, 2018 09:16AM UTC

Hello, When using add-a-request all my macros are removed. This is using Burp 1.7.34 (we downgraded because of the macro issue on 1.7.35), there are no stdout or stderr of the add-a-request extension. Running on Windows server 2012. Let me know if you need other details to reproduce. Thanks,

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 04, 2018 09:24AM UTC

Hi Thomas, Thanks for getting in touch. Just to be clear, do you mean this extension: - https://github.com/pajswigger/add-request-to-macro Are there any error messages in the extension output or error tabs? Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 04, 2018 11:41AM UTC

Hi, yes that's the one and no there was no message from the extension Outputs or Errors. I was referring to those in my previous message, I just checked Burp's output and no messages/stacktrace there as well.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 04, 2018 11:48AM UTC

Hi Thomas, Thanks for following up. The extension works for me so there must be something about your macros that's upsetting it. Could you please: 1) Save your macros (sing the gear button within Macros) 2) Use "Add request to macro" 3) Save your macros again 4) Send the before and after files to me Also, if you could try running Burp from the command line, then use the extension, there may be exceptions visible on the console. Thanks for helping us improve the extension!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.