Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Active Scans halt indefinitely for no apparent reason

| Last updated: May 22, 2023 08:33AM UTC

Hi, it happens from time to time that active scans halt for no known reason. Status of the "running" scan configuration is set to "Currently auditing [...]" and no new requests are being made (request counter is not increased). This behavior is especially likely when using the Stepper plugin when active scanning (configured to scan using one concurrent thread). If you need further information, I'd be happy to help. Best regards!

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 22, 2023 12:20PM UTC

Hi Thanks for your message! Are the scans stalling when the Stepper extension is disabled as well? If you want to use one concurrent thread, you can set your resource pool to do so if the Stepper extension is causing the issue.

| Last updated: May 23, 2023 07:36AM UTC

Hi, yes that happens with disabled/removed Stepper extension as well. This is not an issue with the resource pool. I was just trying to give some details so you could replicate my issue easier. The problem I am trying to explain is solely that my active scans just stop out of the blue (even though the status of such a scan is "auditing" and is actually not "finished"). Please tell me if you need more information. Best regards

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 23, 2023 07:46AM UTC

Hi Are you receiving any errors in the Event Log? Sometimes pressing pause and play again on the scan can kick it back up and running. Is this happening every time on the same site, or does it occur on other sites as well? Can you try scanning our testing website: https://ginandjuice.shop and see if you experience this issue?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.