Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Academy Lab Not Solved after completed

Ahmad | Last updated: Aug 04, 2021 06:11AM UTC

as yesterday and today, when I finished a lab in the web academy, it was not marked as solved in the main page.I even follow the solution just to make sure and follow the exact steps and still the lab is not solved. I just want to report this so that it is possible fix up the bug. Do let me know whether this is from my end which i didnt solve correctly or miss something or on the server side. thanks in advance. Regards :)

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 04, 2021 09:41AM UTC

Hi Fareez, Are you able to provide us with the name of the lab that you are experiencing issues with so that we can take a look for you?

Ahmad | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 04:52AM UTC

sorry for the late reply. Lab: Stored XSS into HTML context with nothing encoded. the script triggered alert 1. but the lab is not solved.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 07:44AM UTC

Hi Fareez, Just to clarify, are you entering the alert(1) script into the comment section of the lab as detailed in the community video (by Michael Sommer) that is shown under the solution section of the lab? I have just attempted this and the lab solves successfully for me (whilst using Firefox, Version 90.0.2).

Ahmad | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 08:52AM UTC

Hi, thank you for the respond. Yes i did enter the alert(1) script into the comment section of the lab. even tried entering it on other post still get the same result. after the comment successfully posted. went back to the blogpost and triggered the alert(1). the lab supposely to be solved upon deploying the script into the comment section and post the comment.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 08:54AM UTC

Hi Fareez, Are you able to send us an email at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots (or even a video) of the steps you are taking so that we can exactly what you are doing and what is happening?

Ahmad | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 08:54AM UTC

*continue from previous reply; the lab still shown not solved and im using Chromium Version 92.0.4515.131

Ahmad | Last updated: Aug 09, 2021 09:06AM UTC

hi. i've sent email to support@portswigger.net including screenshots. thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.