Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Academy

Kazuo | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 10:22AM UTC

"I can no longer access the lab using BurpSuite's browser. I was able to access it before, and I can still view the lab's problems. I can't access it using either the Pro or Community versions, even after reinstalling. Disabling the security software doesn't help. However, I can access it using BurpSuite in a virtual OS. Why is this happening?"

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 11:50AM UTC

Hi Kazuo, We are aware of a few users that are having this issue so are currently trying to obtain as much information as possible so that we can identify any patterns. Is it possible you can send us an email to support@portswigger.net and include the following so that we can double check somethings: - Are we able to get a copy of your diagnostic information (via the Help -> Diagnostics menu item) so that we can see the exact setup that you are running? - Are we able to get a screenshot of exactly what you see in the browser when this happens? - Are we able to get a screenshot of the 'Event log' within the Dashboard tab when this happens? - Do you have access to another browser on the machine on which Burp is installed? If so, are you able to access the labs directly using this browser? In addition, if you set up this browser to proxy its traffic through Burp are you also able to access the lab (essentially, I want to check whether you can access the labs in a non-proxied browser on the machine that you are using and also whether a different proxied browser allows you to access the labs)?

Kazuo | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 02:15PM UTC

Hi I have sent an email with a video attached. I can access it using Firefox. I installed Burp Suite on Kali Linux in Virtual Box, and I can access it from Chromium. Could it be caused by a Windows update? I can access the lab using Burp Suite's Chromium installed on Windows 11 that has not been updated to the latest version.

Kazuo | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 11:00PM UTC

Hi I'm also concerned that my login session isn't being disconnected.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 21, 2023 06:56AM UTC

Hi Kazuo, Apologies for the lack of response with regards to your messages. We have received your email so we will pursue this issue with you there.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.